Bluebird Express, LLC is pleased to offer additional insurance to our valued clients in accordance with the published Bluebird Express, LLC "Standard Conditions of Carriage".
ALL RISK INSURANCE (CIF) COSTS
Insurance cost: $.55 per $100.00 value
Minimum Charge: $35.00 / shipment
Deductible: $500.00 / shipment
Cost of insurance on a shipment is termed CIF (Cost of goods, Insurance and Freight). This is calculated by taking the Cost of Goods + Insure + Freight Charges (estimated). This covers all transportation charges if there is a complete loss.
Cost of goods: $10,000.00
Freight Charge: $1,000.00
Insurance (on cost of goods): $10,000.00 / 100 x $.55 = $55.00
+ 10% or total costs: $11,055.00 x 10% = $12,160.50
Total insurance value: $12,160.00 / 100 x $.55 = $66.88 (Premium for CIF Insurance)
Claims will only be satisfied upon full payment of transportation charges
Below is a SUMMARY of our standard coverage's for shipments if you do not take any additional coverage
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY (posted on our website)
A. Air and Ground Shipments. Our liability for loss or damage claims for air and ground shipments shall be as follows:
1. Air and Ground Shipments. Our liability for loss or damage to any air and/or ground shipment in the U.S., Canada or Mexico is limited to $0.50 per pound multiplied by the number of pounds of each piece(s) of the shipment which may have been lost or damaged (maximum of $50.00 per shipment), or the actual value of such piece(s), whichever is less, unless you declare a higher value for carriage and pay an additional charge for excess liability, subject to a maximum of $25,000.00 per shipment. If you declare a higher value and pay an additional charge (see Section 16.D.), our liability will be the lesser of your declared value or the actual value of your shipment. Determination of our limit of liability on any shipment shall be based on the weight of the package or packages lost or damaged.
2. Canadian Ground Shipments. For loss or damage to any Canadian intra-provincial or inter-provincial ground shipment and/or any interstate ground shipment to the U.S. or Mexico originating from Canada where the loss or damage occurs within Canada our liability is limited to $2.00 (CDN) per pound or $4.41 (CDN) per kilogram multiplied by the weight of each piece(s) of the shipment which may have been lost or damaged, or the actual value of such piece(s), whichever is less, unless you declare a higher value for carriage and pay an additional charge for excess liability, subject to a maximum of $25,000 per shipment. If you declare a higher value and pay an additional charge (see Section 16.D.), our liability will be the lesser of your declared value or the actual value of your shipment. Determination of our limit of liability on any shipment shall be based on the weight of the package or packages lost or damaged. To the extent it cannot be determined that the loss or damage occurred within Canada on an interstate shipment originating from Canada, then such loss or damage will be deemed to have occurred within the United States and be subject to the limits of liability set forth in Section 16.A.1. above.
B. International Air Shipments. The international carriage of shipments by air may be subject to the Warsaw Convention (1929), as amended at The Hague (1955) and as further amended by Montreal Protocol No. 1, 2 or 4 (collectively referred to as the "Warsaw Convention") or the Montreal Convention of 1999 ("Montreal Convention"). Our liability for loss or damage to international air shipments shall be limited in accordance with applicable law as follows:
1. Regardless of whether the Montreal Convention applies to your shipment, BBE's liability for loss, damage or delay of a shipment shall be limited to 19 Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) per kilogram, unless you declare a higher value for carriage and pay an additional charge for such excess liability.
2. In the case of loss of, damage or delay to part of the cargo, the weight to be taken into account in determining BBE's limit of liability shall be only the weight of the package or packages concerned.
3. In the case of loss of, damage or delay to a shipment, the weight to be used in determining BBE's limit of liability shall be the weight that is used to determine the charge for carriage of such shipment.
4. In the case of loss of, damage or delay to a part of a shipment, the shipment weight in 16.B.3 shall be prorated to the packages covered by the same air waybill whose value is affected by the loss, damage or delay. The weight applicable in the case of loss or damage to one or more articles in a package shall be the weight of the entire package.
C. Ocean Shipments.
1. Bluebird Express, LLC, Inc. Shipments. If all or any part of the shipment tendered to Bluebird Express, LLC, Inc. is carried by water over any part of said route, such water carriage shall be performed subject to the terms and provisions and limitations of liability specified by the "Carriage of Goods By Sea Act" and any other pertinent laws applicable to water carriers. The shipper or his agent hereby authorizes Bluebird Express, LLC, Inc., in his name and on his behalf, to prepare any export documents, sign and accept any documents relating to said shipment and forward this shipment in accordance with the conditions of carriage and the tariffs of ocean carriers employed. The sole responsibility of Bluebird Express, LLC Inc. hereunder is to use reasonable care in the selection of carriers, forwarders, agents and others to whom it may entrust the shipment.
2. Shipments. Ocean shipments arranged by� shall be governed and controlled by the terms and conditions of 's bill of lading, as well as the bills of lading, conditions of carriage and tariffs of the carriers employed by .
Please see Bluebird's Website for complete limits of liability
All information is subject to change